Thursday 8 October 2009

Anime and Manga : Princess Mononoke (1997)


This Miyazaki movie is for keeps! This is one of the few anime films from the many I have seen, that I will give a full 5 stars. You must give yourself a chance to see this movie at least once. I will definitely buy this DVD when it comes out. Plot is set in ancient mythological Japan where humans clash with humans and damages the environment. Great story, beautiful animation, very strong character development. Lots of action. You will see that a lot of work went into this film. Too bad, I can't recommend this for kids for all ages, maybe around 15 yrs up, but you parents will be the final judge. No nudity, but there are quite a few blood and violent scenes (such as beheading). Don't get me wrong, the story does not really focus on the violence. Watch it and you will know what I mean.

No comments:

My Blog List